Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Parading | American Crafts

Hey, Everyone.  I will return comments soon.  Slowly getting there.

I have a wild and crazy layout for the American Crafts gallery to share using a mix of Polka Dot Party and Cut and Paste.

I used the pencil tool and drew a shape to look like beads, then duplicated the circles to form the strand of beads.  Grouped the beads together, removed the line.  Then I filled in with journaling, moved the beads, and sent through Silhouette for sketch pens to write journaling.  Then moved beads back, deleted journaling, and sent through Silhouette to cut.  If you have it, you know it is easy.  If you haven't, sounds like gibberish, but really is very easy.
My pen did really good.  I will sometimes get skippings and I did a little, but not enough to worry about.
 This layout was way out of my comfort zone, but very fun.  I am not a die-hard Mardi Gras fan, we only go because of Emma.
 And yes, that is Ian Somerhalder from Vampire Diaries.  My friend Nicole Nowosad told me to tell him Hi, and to be honest, I had no clue who he was.  But was so excited a local boy made big.  He spotted Emma right away, made eye contact, and threw the cup, glancing up at Dennis to make sure he got it in case she missed (which she did).  She gets a kick out of us telling her how so many girls are jealous.  And that is not a typo, the parade is called Mardi Paws.  It is a parade for dogs.  Owners dress them up, which is adorable.  Lots of creativity.  Ian was also in Endymion in New Orleans this year.
Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a blast! This is so awesome! I adore how you designed your journaling and all of the happy colors make me want spring to arrive so bad!!!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a CLEVER idea of using so many pictures and that necklace--GENIUS--BEAUTIFUL page Patricia!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the beads! Such a fun LO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you made the beads! Great look! it looks like yall had great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Love the beads and all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! Love how you did the beads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun Patricia, and I love how you used photos from the different parades! And the bead design looks so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this page and how you did the journaling!
    Praised it over at 2p's this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable and love how you fit so many photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so cool! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The beads are completely perfect for this page. You are rockin' that Silhouette for sure! I love how you scrapped all of the parades on one page.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super fun design with those beads! Love that you scrapped so many photos on one page!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!