Monday, May 05, 2014

Come On Get Crafty

*****PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE AMERICAN CRAFTS NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY BLOG HOP****

Hello!  I have a "Why Didn't I Think of That?" layout for Come On Get Crafty, that was really more like a "Why Did It Come Out Like this?"  I had a completely different idea for this layout, but I did not have ink for my larger printer and I did not have the right photos for the original idea to work.
So my next idea was to place the photos behind cut out flowers.  The next dilemma was they did not completely fit under the flowers.  I was under a time limit to get the layout done, so I made it work by placing more pattern paper under the flowers along with the photos.
Added the Elle's Studio tags and journaling, then added more cut out flowers and embellishments to fill in.
My first idea didn't not happen, but the idea to scrap about last week being Spring Break did.  
Supplies:  Crate Paper:  Open Air PaperMarket FlowersTile ThickersBokeh Vellumresin flowers;  Elle's Studio: Large and Med Journaling Tags;  Basic Grey:  Pom Poms

I hope everyone had a happy National and (Inter)National Scrapbook Day.  My first time literally scrapping all day because I was at a crop.  I hope you got some scrapping in and also took advantage of all of the sales.

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. So gorgeous and creative. Great idea with the photos! :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun!! Looove all those flowers and how you put the photos under the cut out flowers!!
    Beautiful colors!! awesome as always!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout! I love that bokeh background paper and the mix of positive and negative cuts, vellum, and paper/photo flowers. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it wasn't exactly how you envisioned it, but you got 'er done, so that's something awesome. I think it's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness this is just SO lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty. Love the diagonal design, the flowers and the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This layout is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an awesome design, Patricia!! Love how you used those flowers and your new Blog look is so, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to make it work!
    And it is such a fun, pretty design :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow this one is gorgeous, I adore the soft pretty colours in it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMAZING layout !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!