Friday, May 09, 2014

Currently Love | COGC

Hello!  I am so far behind on returning comments.  I will get there.  If you don't follow me on Facebook, it has been a rough couple of weeks.  My husband lost two aunts exactly a week from each other, and May is so crammed with stuff it's insane.  I will get there.  Slowly.

For my Come On Get Craft post for "A Few of My Favorite Things," I decided to do a "currently" layout.  I printed all my photos in squares, then used my ruler and pencil to trace a triangle.
I picked very recent photos I took.  My Dad's amaryllis blooming, our irises blooming, my new Chi flat iron, and I love walking into Bath and Body Works to see the new seasonal candles.  For the pattern paper triangles, I used my silhouette to cut out two sizes.  Then as I placed them, I wanted more, so I used them as a guide to trace on more paper and cut out.  
Notice that vellum flower...I've gotten use out of the leftover cuts from working on my previous COGC project.  I will give a tip about working with photos like this, photos that are busy and have a lot in the background.  I first did this layout with a text background, and the photos got lost.  Using the white card stock background, and adding more white cardstock for a mat for the photos helped a lot.
Supplies used:  American Crafts:  Cheerful Chalkboard PaperClever Card PaperToothpick Hearts; Webster's Pages:  Arrows OverlayRemember When Paper; Crate Paper: Brads; Fancy Pants:  Terrific Paper,  Elle's Studio:  Penelope Bits & Pieces; Pink Paislee:  Element Stickers

Thank you for stopping by today!  Have a great weekend, and Happy Mother's Day!

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. This is such a cool layout! I love all the triangles and that you made the photos triangles too and I love how bright and vibrant the colors are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh--loving the water colors, sprinkles and COLOR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning girl!! Love every single bit, I so need to lift this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING page! Loving all the triangles, great effect cutting the photos into triangles! Everything works perfectly! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! So fresh! Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you're having such a rough time sweets!!! Love the layout....such pretty colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the awesome way you used the triangles Patricia, and the title letters are so fun!! Sorry to hear about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!! Looove all the triangles!! Beautiful colors too! FAB job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS: loove the new blog banner :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there girl!! Thinking of you and your husband! BIG hug!!
    Love this page btw, love the triangles!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!