Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Hello Spring | Pink Paislee

*****PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE AMERICAN CRAFTS NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY BLOG HOP****

I had this layout on the Pink Paislee blog last week for Mix & Match, where we take the patter papers of two collections and mix them.
I love collages, love pattern paper, all of it as much as I love pretty plain backgrounds.  But sometimes you just want texture from paper.  I picked Pen Pal and Switchboard to work with.
 The photos are from our visit to the strawberry patch.  Our favorite Spring activity.  So this is not your typical "Spring" colors, but it captured the mood and the colors from the photos.
 The telephones and typewriter from the collections may not be Spring either, but again, it goes with the mood of this layout.  They are also not the focus.  I was able to put the focus on the photos against that busy background by matting in a neutral pattern paper from the Switchboard collection and making them circles.
I hope you get brave and mix up those pattern papers, and try making a collage.

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, tha's stunning! Love the butterfly. And I love your new blog header, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great layout! There's so much movement to this, and I am loving your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I'll just say it again for more effect...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout! Love the products you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun, Patricia!! I love the circle photos and the large butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great layout !! love the big butterfly !!! love this !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a super fun and BOLD layout--LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!