Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Lawn Fawn "Hello" Die | Come On Get Crafty

Hello, Everyone.  Back today to share with you two cards featuring the Lawn Fawn "Hello" Die.
Here is how this came together.  I cut the "hello's" in plain white cardstock, and grabbed three shades of blue gelatos.
Starting with the darker shade first, I wrote on a piece of non-stick mat and then generously sprayed with water.
I turned each "hello" upside down and patted the back in the wet gelatos.  To help with the ombre look more, I pulled out the white gelato to add some white back to the lightest "hello" with a water paint brush.
Okay, now what to do with them.  I love the simplicity of them on a plain yellow card base, but I water to get more creative.
So here goes.  Using the same technique above, I added color to the background of a white card base.  Then using the wood veneers from the Sunshine Crafty Bits Kit, I masked and sprayed the background of a white card base.
I love adding mixed media layers like this...you create a lot of dimension but there is no bulk.  I kept going with the butterfly wood veneers and another mist color.
I wanted to put the "hello" on something else, but something artsy and simple.  I created this painted torn piece in Silhouette to place behind it. Here is a link to download the free cut file.  Finishing off this card with the same wood veneers I used as a mask and adding some of the Pink Paislee puffy stickers from the Sunshine Craft Bits Kit.
Okay, onto the next card.  I got messy with inks on the first one, so I challenged myself to use pattern paper on this next card as the base.
Then using the same butterfly wood veneers I masked and misted earlier, got used here.  I love being able to use products in multiple ways and all inspired by that lovelyLawn Fawn "hello" die.
Thank you for stopping by!

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. These are wonderful, loving all the misting on the first one and how you colored the veneers on the second, love that die, it's on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun fun card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both projects turned out cool!
    Going to pin this for the gelato idea as well. My last attempt with them was an utter fail.
    But this looks simple and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Patricia!! I love the look you created with the Gelatos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, Patricia!! I love the look you created with the Gelatos!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!