Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Farewell to American Crafts

Two great years with American Crafts.  I will never forget getting that very first email out of the blue inviting me to join the team in 2012.  I was so new to teams and was so fortunate, lucky, and blessed.

This was my first layout and card for the American Crafts blog.
And here is my last layout and card for the American Crafts blog.
When the team was asked what changes could be made for team requirements, etc, I am thankful I spoke up and made suggestions, which is not an easy thing for me to do, and was terrified to speak up.  If it were not for changes to the team requirements, I wasn't going to reapply.  But I was so happy to see that changes were being made, that I did reapply, and received this email:

Hi! I wanted to reach out to you and let you know that the selection committee has made a decision on AC Studio team members for the coming year. Narrowing the team down to such a small number was particularly hard for Paige and I, as we've gotten to know you via your work and on Facebook this year. 

We wanted to thank you for your hard work and dedication on behalf of the brand this year. Unfortunately, we will not be asking you back for another year. 

We do think you have a great eye for projects and your finish work was great. We're hoping you stay in touch as this new DT format will leave lots of opportunities for guest posts, etc. 


To say that stung is an understatement.  I wanted constructive feedback and there was none, I was one of their favorites this past year, just that I am on the Pink Paislee team and American Crafts wanted the chance to keep me in the AC family and give others this opportunity.

My first year with AC was my favorite.  Not being on the team again, in hinesight is what I needed.  It was time.  And allowed another door to open.  I had no idea at the time of "the email" how much this was a blessing in disguise.

I am thankful to Elizabeth and Paige for that very first invite to the team; to Paige and Tauni for the second invite to the team; and for AC giving me a ticket to the CHA show this past January.

It was two great years.  I'm ready to see what is in store next...

Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. so sorry to not see your work on AC, but I know GREAT things are in store for you! Your work is amazing, and I just love coming to your blog... you totally inspire me and give me so many new ideas, and I thank you for all of that! Can't wait to see what is next for you! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so sad to not see your face when they announced a few weeks ago. I love your work, and I know you are going to get a ton of new offers because it's AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you got an email. Sorry that you will not be the one inspiring us at AC the coming year. You have been awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoever you design for next will be one lucky company! I love everything you make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always love seeing your pages, Patricia! Can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know whatever is next will be BRILLIANT and super-inspiring. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beginning layout and card & and the ending ones! All gorgeous! What a great page about you!!! Keep up the amazing crafting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your AC work has always been awesome Patricia! Looking forward to seeing what future opportunities are coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is their loss....love what you are doing on Cocoa Daisy. As you mentioned, this is probably a blessing in disguise as I'm sure with your talent, many many doors will open for you! All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU will be missed YOu know I am your biggest fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure they're going to miss you! Love all your AC projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are a bunch of ladies between AC and Pebbles feeling this way, I know! Congrats on 2 amazing years with them you have inspired us all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work Patricia! I love how different and detailed your pages are!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!