Thursday, September 25, 2014

Honored To Be One of Blinks of Life Guests for October

Beyond honored and shocked to be one of the guests at the new kit club Blinks of Life.  If you aren't familiar with Blinks of Life (a/k/a Natalia), she creates beautiful Project Life and scrapbooking pages and was recently on the Studio Calico team.  I have admired her work, so I took a double take when I got the invite.

I got to work with the main kit (Sugar Spice) and the embellishment kit (Cinnamon Roll).  You can find the kits here.   The kits are very well put together with my favorite being the exclusive items.  

I will admit, I knew my style wasn't like those on the Blinks of Life team, so I was a little nervous.  I did techniques on each project I created. 

On this layout, I used modeling paste with a mask, then added watercolors.  With the mood the colors created, I selected this photo which is a terrible quality and our house is a mess from work being done in garage.  But it is a priceless moment.  I added my journaling to one of the printables.



Next, is the first layout I made with the kits.  I was inspired by an image of a stitched sun.  I used the Silhouette to cut the sun and then have the leaves falling under it.  

 See the bird stamp?  Just adorable. 
I knew I wanted to do a layout about Emma getting more and more into reading and going to the Library.  I loved that circle pattern paper, so wanted a fairly clean look by adding just the stamps, stickers, and enamel dots.  I used the packaging of MME as a mat for the main photo.

 I loved the stencil font I cut with Silhouette for the theme of this layout.  I used a black pen to outline them to stand out a little more.

My Project Life spread was the first project I did.  Since the kits don't come with cards for pocket pages, I knew I wanted to be sure to have the colors I wanted to use.

I used the digital brushes on a few of my photos.
I wanted to create a uniform, clean spread.  I used the digital image of the camera and used the sketch pens with the Silhouette to sketch it, and then cut it out.
This was a really busy week.  Dennis was out of town and first full week of a brand new school.  I had a lot to say more than I had photos.  So the printables came in handy for lots of journaling.
And I'm saving my most favorite for last, a personal message and reminder to myself.
Using an 8.5x11 screen in Silhouette, I decided on the size and how many circles to cut, then masked and misted onto my white cardstock.  Cut the 'trim' of circles to fit around them, and started placing fussy cut pattern paper, die cuts, journaling, etc.



These are some of my current favorite layouts, especially the last one.  I am just so honored to be guesting and thank you to Natalia/Blinks of Life for having me.  Gorgeous kits.  I enjoyed them so much, and I still have enough for a few more projects.

Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! You got so much out of that kit! Gorgeous layouts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layouts! Your style always amazes me! That first layout it beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are incredible! And I can see why you love the last layout... It's beautiful with the circles and bright yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such AMAZING and super CREATIVE pages--love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stunning! I love how your style shines through each page :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these are all incredible, and that last layout is ridiculous, it's so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! Great projects and I love that last one. I really love that photo of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on guest designing! All your projects are spectacular, but the sunburst is my favorite. It's so eye-catching and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the book layout, well actually I love them all. Your work is always great, you shouldn't worry ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many fabulous projects!! You're awesome girl!! LOVE every single one of them!! My fav is the library/book page!! It's fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!