Thursday, September 04, 2014

Waffle Flower Crafts Guest

I was so honored and I will admit a little nervous when my friend Nina with Waffle Flower Crafts asked me to do some projects with her new stamps.  I hoped I would do her products justice.  I had been on another team with Nina and then got the opportunity to meet her this past January at CHA.  She is the sweetest and most talented girl.


I used the Bowtiful stamp set for this card.
 Using an old credit card, I smeared Gesso (or you could use white paint) on part of the card.  Then rolled a dotted brayer over it.  Let it dry, and then added watercolors.  Stamped the bow onto pattern paper, also with dots, cut them out and layered them over the texture.  Then stamped my sentiment.  I love simple cards like this.
I had another idea of something I wanted to try using the Be My Guest stamp set.  I trimmed plain cardstock to 4x4 and punched a border.
Lined up my stamps, and stamped at the top.
 Did several of these, and then clipped together to add washi top along the top.
 And made my daughter a little notepad.  White glue works great for this and will actually hold better and longer.  The washi is fun and will hold until you start to take a sheet off.
Check out all of the guests Nina has on her blog.  I did one more project...Project Life, using her sets, and my favorite project.  Will share on her blog on Sept. 19th.


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. How fun to get to meet Nina! She is such a sweetie! I love Emma's notepad, and I am sure that she does too....I'm going to have to do that for my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I love both projects. I think I need some gesso :) I already have a brayer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute projects!! Love that card with the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Love the pic of you and Nina! Your first card is lovely! I have a brayer...I need to use it. Neat idea for notepad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so adorable Patricia! I love the technique with the gesso and the brayer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You totally did the products justice, Patricia! Such a beautiful card and so creative to make the notepad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how soft the blue is! And this little notepad is the cutest!!! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun projects, Patricia! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!