Tuesday, October 21, 2014

October Afternoon | Sketch and Color Challenge

Hello!!  I have two layouts to share that went up on the October Afternoon blog this month.

This first was based on a simple sketch I created.
Sketches are not my strong point, but I love sketches to just get you started.  Melanie Blackburn joined me with the sketch and she and I both went in different directions with it.  You can see what she did here.
I loved the added stamping to the chipboard clouds...will have to do that again, love the look it gave.
For my vertical lines from the sketch, I went with journaling cards to add lots of journaling behind this snapshot of my daughter busy literally unloading her brain after a day of school.
And then yesterday, I joined Emily Spahn with her challenge of using warm or cool colors.  The first layout is definitely warm and cozy, where this one is cooler.  I did cheat and use some yellow green.
I just came down with an ear infection and did my best to get this done.  Selecting the colors and basic design helped me get it done and then get some rest.  I covered cardstock with the days of the week washi tape and punched a large circle, using the other part to the right by the photo.
 I think this is one of my favorite color combos.  I used some of my new Dina Wakley paints I picked up recently.  The aqua paint was perfect here and there.
Thanks as always for stopping by!  Please stop by the October blog to see what Emily created!

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful layouts! Emma looks like a great student, it's so fun to see them writing and imagining isn't it? Hope that you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowzers!! Love both your layouts and sketch!!
    The background and papers/embellies are so fun on the first one and the second
    one has such a fab design wooooow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Patricia! Wood grain backgrounds always make me happy, and I love the cool way you did the title on your second layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sketch layout is amazing! The wood grain, the colors- BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always great inspiration here Patricia!! Thanks for sharing! Love your photos too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so great seeing your work on the October Afternoon blog! I really like how you used a woodgrain background on your first page, and I love the color combo on the second page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're amazing!!! I adore how you combine elements - total perfection. Such a joy to see your work and be inspired. Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pages! I am so happy you are designing for OA.
    I actually saw the sketch post and was thinking of trying it, but haven't found the time yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun, fun pages! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!