Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pink Paislee Bella Rouge Cards and Clock for CHA 2015

I was so excited to be able to go to CHA again this year.  It is a great chance to meet friends in real life, see the product, and give a boost to the scrapbooking industry by sharing the new products on social media.

I was even more excited to contribute some projects using the Bella Rouge collection.

This collection is such an easy collection to work with and so many color and pattern combo possibilities...so here's some cards I made.

The collection comes with an ephemera pack, silver glittered stickers, chipboard, washi tape strips, flowers, and charms.  So for each card, I tried to use at least one of these products in a unique way.
Here, I made the oval scalloped silver frame to look almost like a buckle with the unicorn ephemera shape pop dotted on top.  
I added a little more interest by putting this sentiment from the ephemera coming down rather than horizontal.
This card uses mostly the washi strips for the background, lots of ephemera pieces, silver glittered stickers...and I cut the clasp from the charm and stitched it on top of the butterfly acrylic shape from the ephemera pack.
This card was inspired by another scrapbooker who cut papers and then pieced together leaving a gap between.  I took it another step and added a straight black stitch between each gap, then placing the sentiment and embellishments near the bottom in a row, so that the effect of the pattern paper strips would not be covered up.
This card was based off of this Pinterest inspiration.

and I love the effect of this...different for me, and I like that...stretching my creativity a little here.
Using chipboard, the flowers, papers in unique ways, and then using the charm again, but as intended to hang from the clasp.
Last but not least, I had this Tim Holtz clock I was going to use for Halloween...and decided it would be small enough to fit in my bag, so put this together.  My intention was to paint the clock, but with packing it in my bag the next day, I didn't want to risk it not drying completely, and I honestly think leaving it silver is a prettier look with this collection.  
Very quick, simple, but still beautiful project.  It really probably only took about 30 mins...  I already had the photo printed, and with it being edited with a vintage look, the colors went well with the collection.  Framed it with one of the chipboard frames.  For the background of the clock, I covered it in the text paper that has distressed pink on it.  For the diamond acrylic ephemera and pink flower...I used therm-o-web gooey 3D dot to hold it there.
Put the "shine" sticker on the outside, tied a ribbon, added twine to hold the diamond charm and done.  It got the approval of my daughter...she spotted it right away.
Beautiful collection and one of my most favorites to work with.  You can get it at Paper Issues with 20% off and on sale at Scrapbook.com...it is a good time to get it with the discounts.

Promise to share the rest of my Document December album here...will do that tomorrow.  And will share some CHA photos here soon as well!

Enjoy your day!

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards!! I am looking forward to playing with this collection!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty cards, and that clock is so cool! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the clock!! Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing cards !!! love this collection !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER cute creations--it was SO FUN seeing you again--NEVER seems like enough time though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards and seriously love that clock!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!