Wednesday, February 25, 2015

October Afternoon Saturday Mornings

There's not many October Afternoon collections I do not like.  They are so unique and always tempt me to get every single thing they make.  Saturday Mornings collection may be a new favorite.  They nailed the retro look, the drawings are amazing.  As always with their collections, you can take this literally and theme scrap with the adorable characters, you can pull colors from both the A and B sides mixed with a little cuteness from the characters, or you can just pull amazing colors to document however you like.  Love the options you have with any October Afternoon collection.

This layout was based off of Pinterest inspiration I picked.  You can see the inspiration for the piece here.  I used both A and B sides with some themed stickers.  For characters on the stickers that didn't work for this layout and would take away from the photo, I just snipped them off to save for another project.  
I wanted something a little different, so I stapled the circles together.
The 'lazy days' sticker is an example of trimming off the boy watching TV, so I could just have the sentiment.
Next is a card based off of the talented Sasha's sketch.  Click here to see Sasha's sketch and her layout.  
 This card is a great example of using the cute stickers and the A and B sides of the pattern papers.  I just love that rooster!  The colors are amazing in this collection!
The amazing Jill Sprott really pushed me both creatively and on a much deeper, meaningful level with her topic to write about Love Advice.  Click here to see her amazing layout that just blew me away and the full challenge.
Jill is the master of deep thinking and journaling + making amazing creations.  This is tough for me.  I am a very deep thinker, so my journaling for something like that usually takes over the layout.  
I used Saturday Mornings A side of Scones paper, LOVE that paper...there is this section of the paper that gave me a lightbulb moment...it is perfect for adding journaling.  So the color set the tone for the layout.  I fussy cut the gorgeous Crepes pattern paper flowers to dot around to add more pop to the page.
Another example of using the themed stickers.  The Saturday Morning sticker says "Tune in next time!  Thanks for watching.  On the previous Episode...AND now a word from our sponsors.  Stay Tuned!  We'll be right back, after these messages.  Don't touch that dial.  To be continued..."  This sticker actually worked in perfectly for my topic of discussing love with my 6-year old, because there will obviously be many many more 'love' talks with her.  I pulled in a part of the sticker here also from Public Library.
Next, is my One Little Word (OLW) layout for Topic Tuesday.  Click here to see the talented Mel's layout for her word.  Loving that A side of Scones patter paper again here, but using the circle elements.  I also pulled in the yellow from B side of Cereal and  B side from Omelette.  Other A side papers I used are Syrup and Orange Juice.
My focus technique was the long stitching, so once that was in place, I started tucking in my photo, stickers, then my title and journaling.  Adding in anything else to go with the theme and color combo.
I did a partial stamp from one of the Public Library stamps on the Daily Flash chipboard piece here.
I cut the 'P' from the sticker 'Pancakes.'  Had too since it's my initial and a layout about me.
I have LOVED working with all of October Afternoon, and especially Saturday Mornings.  I hope you grab this collection.  You have it all:  retro, great patterns, great embellishments, great colors, themey if you want or not.

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Loving the stapled circles on the first one! I need one of those long reach staplers, and I am loving all the stitched elements on your projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts ... love all those stitched circles on the first one!! Fun way to use those stickers on cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creations!! LOVE the circles connected with staples! And I pinned the long stitched one!! So cool and clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous and creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!