Monday, March 02, 2015

Rise & Shine with October Afternoon Saturday Mornings

It is worth saying again that I the new Saturday Mornings collection from October Afternoon is a new favorite of mine.  I have another example of using some of the themey products with the the B side of pattern paper.  For more ideas using Saturday Mornings, click here.
The title of this layout started first with a play on words...'you're the shine in my rise & shine.'  That new cloud stamp is a must have, so many possibilities.  Here, I stamped onto smooth cardstock, pierced holes, and then stitched 'rays' onto each one.  

The pattern paper rays were freehand cut, turned over, misted the background, then flipped them back over to dry, and adhered.  Added straight stitching in between the rays.
I mixed my title up a good bit here, using the 'rise & shine' sticker from the collection with some Daily Flash.  I didn't have an S in chipboard, so I traced it onto the sicker, pierced holes, and added stitching.
 And since my layout is about loving coffee and having to have it to start my day...the cute tornado sticker dude was perfect...and is about how I feel in the morning.  I don't do mornings AT all.  
This is on the October Afternoon today for the challenge to add hand stitching, machine stitching, or both to your project.  Please stop by the October Afternoon blog to see my scrappy crush, Sasha's layout!  If you know Sasha's work, she is a master at stitching!

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome design! wow!! Very special!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun design! I am loving all the stitching, this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stitched clouds, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute design !!! very original !!! love it !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!