Tuesday, May 19, 2015

October Afternoon Treasure Map - Carpe Diem!

***sigh*** October Afternoon just always makes the most unique, fun collections.  Treasure Map is nautical and ready for your little pirates, vacations, cruises, summer photos, but can work with no theme at all.

Here, I used it with color inspiration from team member Mou for our October Afternoon blog post here.  It was so easy to find the colors from Mou's inspiration piece.


Because my photo doesn't have a lot of color to it and is kind of busy, I brought the focus to it with the reds right by the photo and then cutting a pinking circle from vellum and using the negative sheet to 'frame' my photo.


Layered some of the wonderful die cuts from the collection, but still not taking away from the photo. The sticker "carpe diem!" couldn't have been more perfect with the photo, so I left that as my title and added my journaling at the top.


Stop by the October Afternoon blog to see the color inspiration and Mou's layout!  Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!