Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pink Paislee and Photography Week

Last week was photography week on the Pink Paislee blog.  I shared about my love of photography and the equipment I use.  Even though I use my iPhone for everyday photos, I still love to pull out my big DSLR.

My assignment was to create a layout using four or more photos...I used 16 using the insta kits from Citrus Bliss!



To get a lot of photos on a layout, I usually like them grouped by activity or event, but I also love to do my current favorites type layouts.  This one falls into the favorites category including all of my favorite Summer memories and photos.

I used a neutral color pattern paper and then cut angles from more pattern papers to layer and create my background.  I printed my photos to 1.4" square,  adhered them to a 3x3 piece of cardstock and then just placed the insta frames right on top.


I have been shooting in manual mode since 2009.  The iPhone can take some great photos, but when I want to have more control over getting a better quality photo because of not enough light or too much light, the DSLR can't be replaced.  And that is what I do love about both, they both have their place and do not replace the other.


The white space was a perfect spot to add clustering and my title.


I have some photos I share on the Pink Paislee blog sharing my settings I used.  So head over there to see the full blog post.  But I will leave you with a photo showing you what I own.  Or as photographers say "what's in my bag."


Thank you for stopping by!  Click here for more about this post on the Pink Paislee blog!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!