Thursday, June 25, 2015

Pink Paislee Citrus Bliss + Painted Background + Transparencies

I have always loved paint on layouts.  When I started scrapbooking, I didn't have a lot of supplies, so I had to be creative with what I had.  Paint was one of them.  Well, paint on layouts has come a long way and now is very trendy with making patterns of layers in fresh new ways.
I used an old credit card to spread the pink paint, then the patterned brayer for the yellow, and the ends of my paint brushes for the smaller dots.
I am not a paint and scripty kind of person...I don't like my handwriting and it is tricky when doing right on a layout.  But I knew where everything was going, so with a deep breath and practicing on scrap pieces first, I wrote out girl.  I use an Airbrush medium with black paint.  I found out about the Airbrush Medium from Donna Downy in one of her classes...and also picked up the Fineline applicator from her site.  I did apply little lines on vellum to lay over the layout to see how I liked it first, before adding directly to my layout.

I layered lots of transparencies as part of the assignment for this layout.  Cannot say enough how gorgeous this collection is.  Stop by the Pink Paislee blog here for more and more about the collection.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!