Wednesday, July 22, 2015

October Afternoon | Red and Blue

I love red and blue, not just for the 4th of July.  My challenge for the October Afternoon blog was to use this color combination.  And I was so excited to have Roree contribute her take on the combination.  Her card, as always, is stunning.  So check out the post here.
What better way to use red and blue than for Disney World photos.  I used a lot of pattern paper on this layout...I just could not get enough of the awesome blues in the Treasure Map collection.  I made the LOVE Mickey ears a couple of years ago.  October Afternoon set it up safely to share.  You can download it here.  I just made it large enough to cover the background and backed with a third blue pattern paper for the background.
To make the diecut stand out more, I fussy cut clouds from the Puffy Clouds Summertime pattern paper.
 To add my journaling, I attached the labels to a piece of paper, sent it through my typewriter, and then cut them from the paper (you won't be able to unstick them, sometimes you can), then add more adhesive to the back to adhere to my layout.  The two photos on the left were bought from Disney Photograph Pass...I had to get them and especially this one of Emma on her first roller coaster ride.  I don't think I will get her to ever do one again.  The other photo, I took while we waited for the Festival of Fantasy parade.
So red and blue go great for Disney, but even if this wasn't, it went with the colors from the photos.  Also red and blue have a vintage, retro look and can be so soft and feminine as well.  So I know I said it already, but you have to see Roree's card here to get an idea that red and blue are not just patriotic colors!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!