Monday, August 10, 2015

Happy S'mores Day!


Happy S’mores day!  My family forgot how good s’mores are until I started baking these.  Yep, I baked them!  We don’t have a fire pit and it is pretty hot here, so these little mini cupcakes were a perfect way for us to enjoy these gooey treats.  They remind of little mushrooms!



I found this recipe on Pinterest and had to give it a try.  From doing these now a couple of times, I found that you need to pack the graham cracker mixture well in the cupcake pan, and you need to try to resist the temptation of getting them out of the pan before they have cooled.  You will have a better chance of the graham cracker cup staying together.



To dress these up for gift giving, I used this Silhouette cut file 3-D Petal Round Box, resizing it to 5.874”, and the gorgeous pattern papers from Cedar Lane.  I think the collection goes perfectly with S’mores with the chevron and woodgrain pattern papers. 



I thought of some cute sayings for S’mores, but the ephemera packs from Cedar Lane were the right size and coordinated so well.  So I stapled a cardstock die cut with a transparent die cut, punched a hole, and then attached it with a bow.  These would be pretty displayed on skewers in a vase ready for a camp out or given just as they are.  You might want to give extra because they are hard to eat just one!



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!