Sunday, October 18, 2015

Heidi Swapp Skull Marquee | Pink Paislee

I love October.  The Fall changes here are subtle, so you have to pay close attention to notice.  Nothing like New Hampshire here, but I still love it.

I also love Halloween and the new Heidi Swapp Halloween Marquee's at Kohl's.  They are plastic and so easy to decorate.  One tip that the instructions don't mention, is try to push the light bulb through the plastic caps so you can screw them into the bulbs, so they will stay in place.

Using the Pink Paislee Cedar Lane collection is a great way to decorate for Halloween but in a Fall way.


This idea was inspired by my team member, Jamie Pate, after seeing her decorate the Jack-o-Lantern marquee for Fall.  And then once the idea hit me, I felt like the skull with the leaves and flowers captured the Mexican culture of celebrating the Day of the Dead, and I ran with the idea.


I fussy cut one of the flowers from the collection, and adhered it on the back of one eye...looks like an eyeball!

Going with the Day of the Dead inspiration, I continued trimming and placing bits of die cut flowers and leaves around the edge of the skull and around the one eye on the left.


This really got me to realize how you can decorate these marquees in so many ways.  If you don't want to go all out with traditional Halloween decorations, this is a great way to add just a touch of Halloween with the beauty of Fall.


Thanks so much for stopping by!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!