Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Pretty Little Studio | Cards

I had Fall on my mind for the projects to create for my guest post, and although the Marigold collection is not intended for Fall, I felt like the colors worked perfectly for the season.
The patterns and colors of this collection are just gorgeous.  Didn't know which to chose, so I made a collage background from several of the papers.
Then to create more texture, I added some labels, and a cut up doily...which their doilies are gorgeous and a must have.  And again, their die cuts are so unique, and are so perfect for the focal point on a card.  I layered the flowers over one of the Trick or Treat Bookmark Tags.  All I had left to add was a sentiment.  I used one of the Autumn Word Stickers and stitched along the bottom of it for even more texture.  Finished this off with some enamel dots.
My next card also uses the Marigold Collection.  
For this card, I used the feather die cuts as the focal point over the pattern paper, with a flair layered on top.
I did the same technique as I did on the first card with the doily, and cut just the outside lace part of it.  On this card, I used two rows of the doily and stitched in place.  With the feathers, it gave it a dream catcher look, so I picked the sticker 'dreaming' for my sentiment.  I used a water pen with an orange gelato to color the sticker.
And as you can see, I used grey cardstock for both of these cards.  I love grey and orange together and felt it gave it more of a Fall look.

Thank you so much for stopping by and thank you Pretty Little Studio for having me this month!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!