Friday, October 16, 2015

You Are Such a Blessing | Pink Paislee Cedar Lane

I can feel the days getting shorter already.  I love Fall, but really dislike daylight savings time, and know it is coming soon.  Still love this time of the year!

If you have followed Pink Paislee, you have already seen that the Pink Paislee Cedar Lane collection isn't just for Fall.  Such a gorgeous collection...excellent designs, colors and embellishments.  

This time of year makes me want to create watercolor backgrounds.  I pulled gelatos to complement and coordinate the collection to make squares on my background.  You can see in the top photo I have a bottle of clear gesso.  I did use it, but since I didn't use a lot of water, that step can be skipped!


To add pattern paper, I layered strips, stitched, and then adhered them to my background.  This is a simple technique I love to do rather than adhering the papers first to the background.


I love that using a water pen with gelatos is carefree and imperfect.  I overworked the color here, but that is part of the look!  And I covered it a little with a fussy cut flower.


Then I free-hand cut pattern papers to 'fit' within the design creating a grid.  Did more fussy cutting from pattern paper for my title!  Went perfectly with the watercolor look!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  There's more detail on the Pink Paislee blog post here.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!