Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Gossamer Blue November Kit Reveal

The November kits for Gossamer Blue reveal was on November 1st.  I hope you got a chance to take a look at the amazing kits this month.  And don't forget to look at the themed Christmas kits as well!  

I mentioned in my post with sneaks of what I did that I was surprised how the bright Amy Tangerine and the warm sophisticated Jen Hadfield were an unexpected good mix!  I started this layout by applying the Jen Hadfield washi tape to cardstock and sending it through my Fun Stampers Journey Platinum die cut machine.  I also sent the background kraft cardstock through using pierced speech bubbles.  Both dies are from Richard Garay's Celebra'tion line.  

I did most of my kit work at a day crop, and I wasn't sure how this was coming out, but my crop friends said "yes" go with it.  This was one that I waited to get home to finish up and decide on anything else to add or change.  It ended up being a favorite the more I looked at it.  But it was definitely an unexpected combination.



Next, is my August Project Life using the Main Life Pages kit.  I love great Project Life cards, and Gossamer Blue has been nailing it!  The cards and the exclusive stamp in the kit were a new favorite. LOVED!


The kit came with a set of Crate Paper rubons which I used a lot for my labels.  I rubbed them on plain white cardstock, fussy cut and then added my journaling to them!  Since I am doing my spread monthly now and behind a just a couple of months, I can still pick cards from the Fall kit that work with my photos.



This card came out as one of my favorites with the rubon as a label and the cute Amy Tan headphone puffy sticker.


Next, I have a couple of cards.  I had to do cards with this kit.  With the rich colors from Jen Hadfield (hello? that gold wood grained paper), I had to create some pretty cards!


That navy striped pattern paper became another favorite of mine from the kit along with the Jen Hadfield stickers and die cuts.


I used this same Amy Tan pattern paper on the card above using the B side.  On this card, I let the A side stand on its own.  I cut apart a doily from the kit and applied it to the corners and side, added the same flower pattern rubon on top of the pattern paper near my sentiment to add more of a cluster where I wanted it, and then added some fussy cut flowers either with foam adhesive or off the edge.


Stamped and embossed my sentiment using the kit stamp, and then added the cork leaves, puffy sticker clothespin, and sequins from the kit.  


I did not get any of the Christmas themed kits.  Since I'm working on the December Memories kit and class contributor, I'll be busy with enough Christmas!  Hope you can join that class and/or pick up the kit.  But I would not let these November kits pass by either!

I'll have one more layout from the kit to share later this week!

Thank you so much for stopping by!  Hope you are having a great week so far.  Wishing my Mom in heaven a Happy Birthday!!!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!