Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Team Richard Garay | Video Week | Demo or Technique

My mind was going all over the place as I saw how big the new Journey Platinum is.  Why?  Because I am a scrapbooker and would love to use steel dies to create my background!


My technique to share with you is using the Richard Garay Celebra'tions circle die to create a grid background and then to use pattern papers and photos to back the cut design.  Here is a video showing you the start to finish of how I did this.



The Celebra'tions line was perfect for this layout about my daughter's love for ice cream.  I know many card makers have applied this technique to their cards, but being able to do this with a scrapbook layout just makes me excited!!


I mentioned in the video how you could use different sizes of the circle dies or even flower dies, but how about stars, squares, even the word love over and over again!  And what about making those circles pie charts!


I mixed in some of the inks, adhesive, Journey Glaze from Fun Stampers Journey, and also used FSJ acrylic blocks, which are my new favorites to stamp with.


I love the clean and simple look to this layout and the contrast with the white background against the brown.  But you can also do this technique with pattern paper.  You can then back it with cardstock or depending on the size of your patterns in your pattern paper, you could do a pattern play.


Such a fun technique that has been around for awhile, and I'm so excited I can do this with the steel dies and the Journey Platinum!  Thank you so much for stopping by and watching the video!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!