Wednesday, December 09, 2015

December Memories | Gossamer Blue | Cover, Days 1-3

Oh, I am so behind on my blog, and I am late to posting anything regarding my December Memories album.  I had a feeling this year would be the toughest for me to keep up.  And it is...but as long as I take photos, have a plan, and can set aside a little time, there's no being behind, there's catch up!  Coffee, Christmas Music and/or Hallmark movies to drive me!

I'm using Gossamer Blue's December Memories kit.  There is a class you get with the purchase of the kit OR you can purchase just the class.  I have peeked in recently to the class and couldn't stop looking.  I love the variety of styles and approaches...really inspired me.  The class started in November with sharing our foundation pages, examples of content, photo prompts, and December, we will be sharing our actual pages.  

Won't be going into detail of how-to's of what I share on my blog, but do want to at least share with you everything I have done so far.

I decided to paint my cover and give it a wintery look.  The album was painted with gesso, and then I used Martha Stewart glitter silver paint.  It is very sheer and have to move fast to spread the glitter.  Then decorated with the contents from the kit and stamped and embossed in silver.  The class stamp is sold out, but Gossamer Blue does offer an Elle's Studio stamp on sale right now.


I realize now I don't have a full shot of the album.  Will get that taken for the next December Memories post.

The kit comes with a calendar, and I've decided I wanted to add it to my album.  Here's how the pages with the calendar look so far.

I left my title page the same, just added a phase sticker to the center card, but already started moving some of my foundation pages around.


After the title page, starts the calendar.


Need to play catch up on adding things to the calendar we did.  Think this will be great to look back on.


I love the Pink Paislee large red numbers, but I was feeling like it was taking away from being able to use as many photos, cards, and journaling as I wanted.  So I decided to still use them, but put them in a glassine envelope as a divider.  I type a little phrase on each one with the typewriter, fill with some bits from the kit, add a banner sticker from the kit, and then stitch with gold thread to sew everything inside. 


Now I feel like I have more freedom with my pages, like filling this one up with the expressions from my daughter using the Hallmark Northpole Communicator on Day 1.


I'm using bits of embellishments from my stash and/or other Gossamer Blue kits.  The December Gossamer Blue kits will be mixed in a lot with my album.





I'm already loving this album more because I'm adding not just one story to each spread so far, I can mix everyday photos without feeling overly Christmas-y because of the great mix of colors from the kit, and I'm adding more typed journaling.  I've also been documenting the day the event took place, which I had stopped doing after my first year.  I won't be able to do that throughout, because, for instance, our tree was up before Thanksgiving.  That day didn't happen in December.  So I will probably make day 4 about decorating the tree to get it in there.  I could mix in something else that happened that actual day, but I'm not too concerned with that.  This is my fifth year doing Document December, and I find you really have to do what works for you.





I had hoped to get to a few more days last week in my album, but too many other priorities.  But I do need to make sure to get photos, take lots of them, and to write down things in the calendar.  You can see the tabs above that the calendar is divided into weeks, but also has a monthly view as well.

Thank you so much for stopping by during this busy season, but I do hope you find time to enjoy it.  I always have a mix of feeling during this season...bittersweet.  Going to try to post at least once a week on what I have done so far in my album!  Enjoy your day!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!