Monday, December 14, 2015

Team Richard Garay Make Amazing Blog Hop

Welcome to the RG Make Amazing Blog Hop!  It is the Christmas season and everyone is busy getting ready for the holidays, but CHA is just right around the corner, and Richard Garay has some amazing new lines to share.


This line is called Make Amazing Happen.  The stamps are full of brush script phrases, flowers, and leaves.  The papers have two sides.  One is colorful and rich in patterns, and the other side is black and white with a little bit of a watercolor look to some of them. 



I started this layout by stamping one of the flower and leaf designs in clear ink and embossing with clear embossing powder.  Then I started applying watercolors over the images using similar colors from the pattern papers.  Instead of using this entire stamped page as an 8.5x11, I cut it up to create a collage on a 12x12 background.


I let the colors run in different places, and especially near the bottom which I think really frames my typed journaling as well as the stitching around it.


By cutting up the embossed, watercolored background, I could layer some of the pattern papers from the collection under them and my photo.  It kept my layout fresh and light.  The pattern papers from the collection have really great tight patterns and variations of similar patterns in the collection.  What is great about this is you can create interest in your layers as I have done above.  I trimmed a smaller piece of a similar pattern to layer under the larger pattern, staggering them a little bit, creating a loose layered look.  I also added straight stitching across the bottoms of the embossed, watercolored background so then I can lift the ends and create more depth.


It is such a gorgeous collection and I love that it is a complete collection with the stamps, dies and the pattern paper.  Let me know what you think of it.  Would love to hear.  

If you love it, would you love to win it?  Head over to the Richard Garay blog for the details to win!  There will be prizes for the next four weeks, so check back on Richard's blog each week for more giveaways.  There's also a grand prize!


I had a chance to see this bag in person and it smells and feels wonderful!  I hope you win it!  I know I would LOVE it!!

Good luck!!

Follow along with the blog hop of the amazing team for more inspiration from this collection:

  Mou Saha

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!