Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Gossamer Blue | January Kit Reveal

I am a few days late posting this, but excited to share the work I did with the Gossamer Blue January Kits!  There's still a few kits left to grab!

I did one layout, tags, a Life Page spread for October and a project I'll share next week!  

When I say I love that yellow pattern paper, I mean, I will hoard every last piece of it.  I had to use it on this layout.  I loved the bright yellow flowers that it picked up from the Fancy Pants paper, which then brought in more of the teal or aqua.  This was a fast layout.  Being a little short on time with doing December Memories, enjoying the holidays, other assignments, and getting ready for CHA, I had to think quick.  

To make it quick, I printed my very very colorful photos in black and white in three different sizes.  Then hand cut pieces of pattern papers and began layering, and then placing photos.  Once I knew where they would go, I typed my journaling.  Sent the whole 12x12 through my typewriter.  Then finished it off and adhered everything down.  There's a lot of bold color, but with the photos black and white, and space between everything, it makes it not feel so cluttered.

Next is my October Life Page spread.  Again, I have to say the kits are working so well for any month, so much so, that it looks like this was an October kit!  I think this might be my favorite spread, and also because I do love October and Halloween.
I will tell you, run to get this Bits and Pieces kit!  It is filled with the Studio Calico Goldie cards and planner stamp, the Fancy Pants 6x6 paper pad, plus lots of Fancy Pants tags.  Between that kit and the main Life Pages kit, it made putting this together so easy.  Oh, and the Gossamer Blue exclusives will be starting back up soon...I believe for next month.  Lots of changes coming to GB, and I'm so excited for Lori and the kit club!
Still loving the 3x3 October Afternoon pockets.  But I think I may make another change for 2016!  Change is always good, and I think I may want to not just keep my monthly documentation to just two pages.


While making a project for the Gossamer Blue blog next week, I couldn't throw away the strips from the Crate Paper 6x6 paper pad.  I haven't done this in a long time, and had to do it again.  I used the strips and folded them to meet in the middle where the circle is to form a bow, and then just layered them.

I used tags from my stash as the base, and then layered with pattern papers and labels.  I left a little blank space for writing at the bottom of each tag.

So you see these kits are filled with great graphic patterns and pops of color, but also a little soft for Valentine's.  I say it each month, but really this is a new favorite.  It doesn't seem like it online, but in person, I was drooling.

Enjoy your week!  I will be heading to CHA!  Will be taking photos when I can...follow along on my Instagram @Patricia_Roebuck.  If you are going, hope to see you!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!