Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Richard Garay Noteworthy Collection | Fun Stampers Journey Planner

As I start this post, I realize I have some thoughts and changes for the new year I want to share.  Will have to make a note to do that before January is over!

And on that note ;) ...I had the opportunity to show off Richard's new Noteworthy collection, and demo the large envelope die from the collection.  Everything will be available on Richard's site soon!  Hoping for March 1st.  I worked the Noteworthy section of his booths for three days, so as people came by, they would share ideas, I would share ideas, and my mind hasn't stopped thinking about ways to use this envelope die.  Love when you get together with other creative people.

I just recently got the new Fun Stampers Journey planner, which is part of Richard's direct sale company.  I like to use my planner as a way to remember what took place during the month because I am also a Project Lifer.  Being a Project Lifer, I want to keep little tickets, cards, receipts to either use in my PL and/or remember to document it.  So that is when I decided I needed to die cut an envelope to fit into my planner! 

Here's a step by step how I die cut and assembled my envelope.

1.  The die is very large, so you will need a die cutting machine to fit 8.5x11, such as the Fun Stampers Journey Platinum.  You will also need a full 8.5x11 sheet of cardstock to die cut your envelope.
2.  The large die comes with two circle reinforcers, one small and one a little larger.  Both have a small hole the same size in the center, leaving just the ring/reinforcer for your brad.
3.  The die is perforated so it is very easy to fold, no scoring required.  To get a center seam on the back of the envelope, fold in the right side first, then the left, then adhere the bottom flap over to complete your envelope.
4.  To create your string enclosure with the reinforcers, fold the top flap down, place a reinforcer where you would like it below the top flap, mark it with a pen\pencil and pierce a hole.


5.  Next, insert your brads through the reinforcers and the hole you pierced below the flap, and in the hole in the flap.  Secure your brads on the back, and thread about a 8" string under the reinforcers, leaving a tail to easily unwind and open.
6.  Since this is for my planner, I used the Noteworthy month stamp and die to adhere to the front of my envelope.
7.  I want this to fit inside my planner AND be able to close and snap all the way, so I line up my envelope against the rings, mark with a pen/pencil, then punch a whole.  I punched a whole right above the seam in order for the binder to close.
8.  I die cut and adhered the smaller Noteworthy reinforcers from the envelope die to create a finished look to my holes.

Now I can fill it with the little cards, tickets, receipts that I collect throughout the month.


I was so inspired by the reinforcer and the brad in the soft and bright pink with the white brad, it reminded me of Spring!  So I made little paperclips from the reinforcer die and brads from my stash.  You can see a tiny bit of the darker pink reinforcer peeking under my brad here.  This gives you an idea how much smaller that size is.  I've also used the telephone stamp with matching die to dress up my calendar.


The Noteworthy collection is rich, modern, and vintage full of warm gold, black, and white.  Until more of the collection comes in, I only had just a little piece of the telephone cord paper left, so I just snipped pieces of it to adhere onto my calendar.  The colored cardstock I used gives a completely different feel from the overall look collection, but also shows how versatile the stamps and dies can be.



I used the little stamps that come in a set with this large month stamp and matching die to highlight January  Instead of marking off my days, I used the small circle stamp as a checklist for the month.



I've used the same small circle with the star from the same stamp set to dress up my calendar.



And the most important thing, because my holes are so far into the envelope, I can close my binder.



Noteworthy is a perfect way to send notes, cards, invitations, but it is also a great way to dress up your planner and make sure you remember all the little details of everyday.



Thank you so much for stopping by!  Richard's new retails lines will be available on his website in early March, and also available through some of your favorite online stores, as well as Hobby Lobby. The planner is only available through  Journey Coach through Fun Stampers Journey.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!