Monday, January 25, 2016

Vellum Envelopes | RG

(I first have to say how overwhelmed I was with the comments from my last post.  It reminded me of why I started sharing my work publicly and meeting other creative people through the blog world and galleries.  I have made relationships through this hobby that are now life-long friends, not just online but in real life.  It really amazes me the connections we make in this community.  Thank you so much!)

I have thought about how nice it is when you get a pretty note in the mail with lots of sparkle, shine, and transparency.  It really makes my day to get something like this, and I think each of these will be going out to someone.  

I still cannot stop thinking of ways to use the Richard Garay Noteworthy envelope die, and decided I had to see how vellum would come out using the die.  (To see how to die cut and assemble the envelope, please see my post here.)


I did three envelopes with either gold, white, or silver embossing on the envelopes.





The sentiments Richard has in the collection go perfectly with the "just a note to say..." stamp.  It can be used over and over again.  I trimmed 5x5 pieces of cardstock and vellum to fill these envelopes.



I used the gold pearled cardstock from Fun Stampers Journey for my inside card.  From the Noteworthy collection, I used the speech bubble die and the 'I love you!' stamp with silver embossing powder.



For this inside card, I used plain vellum, but I backed it with white cardstock so the brad closer from the back didn't show through to the front.  



For the front of this envelope, I used the speech bubble die before I assembled the envelope, so the 'hello' note peeks through.



This last card, uses the silver pearled cardstock from Fun Stampers Journey with gold embossing powder using the stamps from Noteworthy.



For mailing these cards, I will fill with a little more sequins, maybe add another note, and send in another envelope.  To send through the mail as is, secure the back without using the brad and twine closure.  It does cost more to send square, but for special occasions, it would be perfect and very appropriate.



I think about how pretty these would be for weddings and announcements, as well as for the holidays.



Just by changing the cardstock or material you use to create your envelopes and inside cards, gives a completely different look.



Thank you so much for joining me today.  Noteworthy and all of Richard's new retail lines will be available the beginning of March.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!