Monday, February 22, 2016

Bible Journaling

There have been very few times that I go to make something and it is just for me.  No pressure, no deadline, no meeting someone's expectations.  This year is already showing lots of changes ahead for me, and I have loved being able to play (like what I used to always do), and doing something for myself.

I feel like I get the benefits of that play time, and me time, but also God time when I do Bible journaling.  I've probably been able to do more so far this year than I have been able to do all of last year.  I'm moving slow, at my own pace, but still going through the series my church started at the beginning of the year.  So these are entries I have done so far.



I have added to my paint stash a little, but I also use any pencils and the gelatos I have as well.  I'm really focusing on using what I have, and only buying what I really need.  Lots of digging through my stamp stash to find some really great ones.  But do use some new ones from Neat and Tangled, Citrus Twist Kits, and Illustrated Faith.  The entry above uses a combination of old American Crafts, Cocoa Daisy, and Neat and Tangled stamps.

A good sale doesn't hurt to add to your stash.  I love screen printing.  I have gotten some from Studio Calico in their kits, and love the look of them.  So when I saw the Heidi Swapp kits on sale at Michael's and could use an additional coupon on them, I grabbed them.  I use them in my memory planner, and used one here as well.  Then I used gelatos to color the page.  I do have the Bella Blvd. kit.  It is wonderful, but definitely can use stickers from your stash!



I haven't done mixed media type pages in awhile...not this focused on colored backgrounds.  I definitely need a fresher, cleaner look, so getting inspiration from Pinterest, or the Illustrated Faith Instagram feed helps.  But that is only part of it...it is fun, we want it to look pretty...but it is spending time with God and growing in our faith that matters.  This one entry I have to say is a tough one for me.  His will.



I used a stencil along with stamps for this next entry.  I love the Neat and Tangled stamps.  The "life today."    I'm marking each entry with a tab and the day.  It makes a difference looking back on these. As soon as I flip through each one, I already feel less of a burden.



I used my friend Evelin Tee's stamps with Neat and Tangled here with the bird and the leaves.  This entry is another tough one for me.  I know I do not put God first and make Him a priority.



Bible journaling is so personal.  It really doesn't matter how you do it.   As long as you are creative, enjoying it, and spending time with God.



And accidents happen a lot while doing entries.  My splatters did not come out right, so I added hearts on top to cover them.  It was a good accident in the end.



I usually use clear gesso, and accidentally used white.  All good.  I got the entry I needed to make
.


I am so glad Shanna Noel introduced this idea.  I've marked and colored in my Bible before, but not to this extent!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!