Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Gossamer Blue | February Kit Reveal

The February Gossamer Blue kits were revealed on the first.  I hope you got the kits that you wanted! These kits were filled with Basic Grey and Heidi Swapp and I LOVED it all!    And I was especially happy to see the exclusive stamps back.

I wanted to play with the stamps, and this is what I came up with.  For this first card, I just repeated the label stamp diagonally, used a kraft knife to cut some of the openings out, then backed with the 6x6 Basic Grey pattern paper pad in the Bits and Pieces kit.



This kit has an office-y feel to it as well.  With he labels, I thought the telephone flair went perfectly.



This branch stamp is so teeny tiny, but I think it my most favorite because of the ways it can just add a nice detail to anything.  Here I repeated the stamp to form snowflakes.  I used watercolor paper to stamp them on, then sprayed water over my paper, and started adding some blue watercolor with a wet paint brush.



I was also so inspired by the ampersand warm + cozy stamp, so the 'faux' snowflakes from the branches with the blue background were a perfect complement.  I didn't want anything bulky to finish the sentiment, so I used my typewriter to add a sentiment to the Heidi Swapp label.  Oh, it was a happy accident, but I trimmed the silver and white diagonal stripes sticker from the bottom of another Heidi Swapp label to adhere to my cardstock sentiment to make it look like it is one piece.  I couldn't get my sentiment to stamp just right on the label as is, but this came out better with a cleaner, neater stamped image.  I used a 6x6 piece of the Basic Grey pattern paper for the background.  So love that pattern!

Once my card was dry, I went over the snowflakes with Journey Glaze.



Next, I want to share my December 2015 spread, which completes my fourth Project Life album!  I did use the December card and the Cheers card from previous kits since it worked perfectly, but everything is from the February kits.



My spreads are fairly simple, with some little stamping, and embellishments here and there.



See that little branch stamp in the third row?  Where it says Christmas Eve?  I really love that little stamp.  I added some of the small enamel dots to make it look like berries.



I have two layouts that I did as well, and will be sharing very soon!  Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!