Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Make Amazing Happen | Spring Setup | RG

Home decorating isn't my expertise.  It is something I want to keep working on though.  It just feels good to have the house decorated with little vignettes to welcome in a season.  Makes the home feel welcoming and inviting.



With the help of the Make Amazing Happen collection from Richard Garay, I put together a vignette to help bring in Spring.  



I also love to be able to add photos to projects I make.  So I got the best of both with the decorated mason jar, the embroidery hoop, and the chicken wire fence.  To add layers behind my photo, I added a flower and leaves from the new steel rule die cut, and a stamped and die cut flower.



Using the same steel rule die, I made the flowers for a banner.  The centers are made with the fringe die from the Celebra'tions collection.



For the embroidery hoop, I just used the hoop to trace onto the Make Amazing Happen pattern paper, trimmed, and adhered to the hop.  I used a Krylon gold pen to paint the hoop.

I can't help but love mason jars.  I had so many ideas I wanted to do, but I decided to keep this simple since I had other decorations around it.



I switched out the lid that comes with the mason jars for one that was decorative, so I decided to decorate the inside of it.  I used the same fringe die, that I used for the center of the flowers, to put at the bottom of the jar.  Then using washi tape and twine, I attached the stamped and die cut flowers to the lid to dangle.  I stamped and die cut three flowers, and adhered them in the center with foam adhesive.



For the flower banner, I also used washi tape and twine to adhere onto the back.  This holds just fine, but if you needed to, you can add another strip of washi tape across to reinforce it.





Thanks so much for stopping by!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!