Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Party Setup | RG

So excited that the new Richard Garay lines will be making their way to stores and also available through the Richard Garay site!  These are his retail lines.  Richard still has amazing things happening on the Fun Stampers Journey side...a WHOLE lot more!

I think probably one of the top favorite booths from CHA was the Lumberjack Days booth.  It was warm and cozy and very inviting.  One thing I noticed right away about Richard and his products, was the attention to detail.  Lumberjack Days has some really cute lumberjack icons, but the variety of stamps, dies, embossing folders, and pattern papers give you the options for a variety of styles and projects you can create.

I created a party setup you could put together with this line, and the line did not disappoint.  It came out cuter than I had thought it would.



The main part of my party decor vignette, is the chalkboard easel.  I die cut the trees, trimmed the sides to fit on top of the chalkboard.  Then used a piece of green chalk to color in the trees on the chalkboard.  I left my board clean and black, but you could also rub some white chalk to give it that chalky look.



Then I used the Pine Needles embossing folder with Fun Stampers Journey Butter Cream pigment ink on the embossing folder before I sent it through my die cutting machine, punched out triangles from it, punched a hole in each corner, and thread to hang using the Lumberjack Days gold twine.  To get the banner to adhere to the frame, I just used a little bit of Fun Stampers Journey tape runner.



I used the stamp "Choppy Birthday" with a coordinating die, along with the die cuts for the camera and axe to decorate these skewers.  I just used a dab of Journey Glaze to hold each die cut in place.





I set this up for a birthday, but it could be for any type of party or even a vignette you decorate on your shelf or mantle.  The little logs on the framed chalkboard are also a stamp with a matching die from his collection.



And I think another favorite product from this collection are the pocket stitch die set.  The set comes with two different stitching patterns to put in the center of your pocket.  I used both here with the 'stud' enamel shapes that are part of the collection.  To make it a real pocket, I used Fun Stampers Journey foam adhesive to adhere the pockets together, and then you can tuck a treat inside or even some confetti.



I love chalk artwork, but I cannot make it, so using the tree die as a mask really was the way to go for me.



I used primary colors that would be perfect for a boy, but just by changing the colors and adding the floral elements from this collection, you could completely change the look.  I think this would also be perfect for a western birthday party.



Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you get a chance to pick up Richard's new retail lines and see just how amazing they are.  I cannot say enough how impressed I am by the quality of the products, especially the stamps and dies.



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!