Monday, February 29, 2016

Personal Size Planner | RG|FSJ



Happy Monday!  New week, and new planning to do.  The small personal planner from Fun Stampers Journey helps me to stay on track, but it is a lot of fun to decorate.  I used the new Richard Garay Noteworthy collection to dress it up.

I cut a piece of pattern paper from the 6x6 paper pad, corner rounded two corners, and used my pencil to mark where to punch my holes.  I also cut a slit from the holes to the edge, so it can just pop out.  I love using the little circle stamp intended to highlight your days of the week for bullets.  So I made a running list of to-do's for this week with them.  The heart and the pin stamp help to make the entry fun.  I also stamped the hello stamp and embossed it in gold embossing powder from Fun Stampers Journey, which is so much better than any other embossing powder I have used.  Just love how it came out!  I used the matching die to cut out the hello.



The square stamp with the months, days of the week, and the dates is a such a cute way to dress up your planner.  I trimmed the stamped image that I wanted after stamping, and then used the oval and circle stamps to highlight in another ink color the month, and week in my planner.  And don't forget to use the washi stickers from the collection.  Tear them to hold your things in place for a fun look.



I am so happy that Richard did his 6x6 paper pad double-sided.   I picked out this paper because i liked the front and the back of it.  I really loved the back so much, that I left it as is.  For the acrylic divider in the planner, I dressed it up with the speech bubble stamp, die and washi tape.  I put a little reminder to don't forget to take pictures.  When it is a busy week, I realize at the end of the week that I have not taken photos.



For the back side of that divider, I just added the washi sticker 'hello.'  I used more of the stamps and washi stickers for the rest of the week.



I stamped mostly with black and grey inks, but I did add some pink.



A great use of the stamps for your planner is to set up your to-do lists or document things that are happening.  The 'Let's Meet' stamp is for our dinner with families, the 'us' stamp is for our family ritual of Mexican on Friday night, and the 'inspired' is for me to get planning for a crop next week and to get some scrapping done before then.  The 'you are awesome!' is excitement that the weekend is finally here, and we've done a great job at piano practice, reading, and homework...just keep it up!



I stamped the telephone on felt, die cut with the matching die, and adhered it to a paperclip.    (tip:  let the ink dry overnight if you can.  I die cut after, and it did remove some of the ink)



I used the washi phone sticker to do the same for the other paperclip.  I just matched the second telephone sticker to it on the back to adhere with the paperclip in between.



I cut up the washi sticker sheet to fit into the pockets of my planner so I can grab them when I need them.



There is something so fun about decorating a planner that is so different from creating a card or a layout.  It kind of brings out the kid in you a little more.  So hope you have fun with your FSJ planners and look for Richard's Noteworthy collection to be coming out very soon!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!