Friday, March 25, 2016

Cards Using the FSJ Bloom Box

Happy Good Friday and Easter!  I love this time of year.  Remembering what Christ did for me, the trees and bushes getting green again, flowers blooming, and I love creating around the seasons.  Helps me get more into the mood and even more excited to celebrate.

I just recently decided to subscribe to the Fun Stampers Journey Bloom Box.  And here is the first card I made using the stamps from the kit.



This is the contents of the box.  High quality red rubber stamps that mount to your clear blocks.  Four examples of cards with detailed step by steps, and bags filled with everything you would need to recreate them.  The step by step guide is great if you are new to designing and creating or want to create quick cards with awesome techniques.  But if you are like me, there's plenty of room to create your own designs using the contents.



And that is what I did with this first card.  I was so inspired by the leaves and the tropical feeling, that I went with a watercolor scene.  Using watercolor paper, stamping and masking the palm leaves in clear embossing powder, embossing them with the heat gun, and then using a paint brush, cup of water, and Prima watercolor pencils I started coloring in.



Using the Richard Garay Celebra'tions cloud dies, I masked an area with blue watercolor pencils to get an outline of the sky.  Then using the sun stamp from the same set, I used the yellow and orange watercolor pencils on half of the sun, sprayed with water, then stamped onto my card.  I repeated it until I got enough of an image of the sun.   You can see it more in person than here, but I really am happy how this came out.  My daughter said, "cool."  LOL  The last thing I did was stamp the "Life is Good" and add the sequins from the Bloom Box.



With Easter, the palm tree leaves were inspiring me to make a faith-based card.  So I used three different colors of ink (Golden Glow, Blue Lagoon, and Lemon Grass) to create depth around the border of my white background.



For my sentiment, I typed "He is Risen," trimmed it, and added foam adhesive to adhere it.



Then using the die of the sun that I used on the first card, I made it the focal point, adding sequins on top.  It reminded me of a cross.



I haven't even gotten to the flamingos yet from the Bloom Box stamp set!  Hope to play some more after this weekend.

Have a blessed and happy weekend!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!