Thursday, March 24, 2016

Heidi Swapp Memory Planner | February 2016

Have been thinking of how I want to do a regular pocket page with photos so far from this year.  But in the meantime, I have really loved the change using the Heidi Swapp Memory Planner to document the everyday life.

Here is how my February looks.



I recently purchased the silk screens from Michaels on clearance with an extra coupon I could use.  I used them here on a plan piece of cardstock for an insert.  I've been using a combination of the Heidi Swapp stickers to add dates, my handwriting, and here I used the Fancy Pants large numbers.



For the back of that insert, I added layers of pattern paper, with a photo and phrase sticker.



The next week was a full week of Mardi Gras, Chinese New Year, and Valentine's Day.  I had lots to fill!  I added the journaling I needed on the first part of the week and saved the photos for an insert.  So I adhered the Chinese red envelope directly onto my page.



Using the bottom loop from the 'y' in the happy sticker, I attached the Chinese New Year tag I made to the ring.  I cut the top of a box from a donut place in New Orleans, folded a gold and white bag around it, then punched a hole through them to slip through the rings.  Added a label and stamped 'grateful for this day' to dress up the bag a bit.



A look at the top of the donut box I cut.  I have been wanting to go for the longest, and friends of ours went after Mardi Gras.  She knew how much I wanted to try them, so she brought me back one!  It was amazing, by the way.  Almond Joy was the donut!  Now I want another one!



I added my journaling on the backside of the bag.



I had lots of photos and memorabilia from Mardi Gras.  This first page protector is from October Afternoon.  I put the napkin in the front with a photo I adhered to it on the back first, then fused it.  Next, I added the doubloon, and fused that in.



Flip that page protector over, and you can see the photo I adhered to the back of the napkin.  Next, I used another small October Afternoon page protector that already had 2x2 pockets to fill up with photos from the day.  But I still trimmed the protector down to fit my planner.



I left them all in color since they were not overly themey looking, but has just enough to show that it was Mardi Gras.  Documenting the rest of the week to go with the first part of the week was a little tricky.  Tricky because of the photos not going together.  I included the night photos we took playing around with one of Emma's light toys, but made them small, and used the large 'LOVE' to help transition for Valentine's Day.



This next week we celebrated Chinese New Year with friends.  So I used the same October Afternoon 2x2 pockets to fill with photos and cards from the March Gossamer Blue kits.



Have to say again, I love those Gossamer Blue stamps.  I used them a lot here for this spread along with lots of fun embellishments from the kits.



I filled the bottom pocket with some of the exclusive wood veneers from the kits.



The repeated hexagons really helped to make the backside of this page protector flow.  The 'feeling lucky' is a stamp from the Main Life Pages March kit.



Used more stamps, embellishments, and rubons from the kits for this next page.



Finished up the month using more from the March Gossamer Blue kits.  I find I keep more memorabilia as I document with this planner.  I kept the receipt from getting my brake tag.  LOL  I tucked it under the clear specialty paper from Pink Paislee on the left.  I adhered it using a transparent sticker from Amy Tangerine.  Then decorated the bottom with a rubber sticker from Maggie Holmes.



Went to a crop this week, so added all those photos using another October Afternoon 2x2 pocket page that I trimmed down.  Decorated the page protector by adhering stickers to the outside of it.



Used some of the ephemera from the crop to decorate the next page.  Journaled, and filled in with more embellishments from the kits.



My husband was going to throw away his clip from the half marathon he did this same week, and I snatched it to put in here as a reminder of another amazing accomplishment.  Used one of my favorite stamps from the Gossamer Blue Main Life Pages stamp set, stamping the positive and negative plus sign as a border.



And that is February.  Onto March already and now March is almost done!

Thank you so much for stopping by!!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!