Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Personal Size Planner | RG|FSJ

Happy Spring!  Hope everyone is having some warmer weather.  We've had a strange combination of Spring arriving early, but have had flooding, and now weather in the 30s.  Hopefully your weather isn't as sporadic as ours has been.

I really love this little personal size planner from Fun Stampers Journey.  So I wanted to share how I recently decorated it using the Make Amazing Happen collection from Richard Garay.



This is the March calendar from the inserts.  I usually use this to just jot down appointments or deadlines.  Because it is an overview of the month, it helps to have a quick look over the month.  With the days I didn't have filled in already, I cut strips of pattern paper from the Make Amazing Happen 6x6 paper pad to add some color.  I didn't measure the pieces to fit.  I just lined them up, folded where to cut, and trimmed to fit.  Grace is my One Little Word...and I have had to use it a lot on myself and others, so this is a great reminder.  I've been practicing brush lettering, so after writing it out, I just fussy cut it to adhere.

Making paper clips or decorating clothespins is a fun way to dress up your calendar.  Here I used a combination of pattern paper, the flower and leaf die cuts, and the stripe pattern die to make this little clustered clothespin.



To make the clothespin, I die cut the striped pattern from orange cardstock, adhered it to a 6x6 piece of pattern paper from the paper pad, layered the flower dies so that the center would be open, then ran it through the Journey Platinum.  Next, I die cut smaller flowers from this same piece, and adhered everything to a clothespin using Journey Glaze and foam adhesive.  For the centers of the flowers, I added accent dots from the Make Amazing Happen collection.   They are matte instead of shiny, and really amazing!  Need several packs!



I used a combination of the Celebra'tions and the Fun Stampers Journey inks for this.  You can't see it because it is so light, but you can see the cluster of light colored flowers over the day of Easter.  I also used that same light ink, Cotton Candy, to randomly stamp over this monthly overview.  Where there are stamped leaves, there are flowers.  I love the tone on tone look they give in person.



Next, I made a paperclip using the same flower die, the matching stamp, as well as the stamp and die for the leaves and the "Amazing...this Way."  I like motivating sayings, and having this so visible is a great reminder, which goes along with the "Make it Count."  I used foam adhesive to adhere everything to the paperclip.  To dress it up even more, I added Journey Glaze over it.



This is the weekly spread.  You can see again were I have the stamped and die cut "Make it Count" at the top as a reminder.   To dress up this page with more stamping, I used one of the leaf stamps from the collection and stamped along the edge to create a border, and stamped more leaves in a cluster near one of the small little flowers stamped in the Cotton Candy on the top right.



I made a couple more paperclips using reminders that I need.  I have always been consistent with exercising, but within the past several years with life changes, I can easily slip out of the routine.  I need the routine more than ever, so I wrote these reminders in brush strokes, and fussy cut them out.  To dress them up more, I just trimmed narrow pieces from the Make Amazing Happen paper pad, folded them in half, trimmed a banner, and then slipped through the paperclip and adhered.  Then I adhered the reminders on top.



Just to add a little more contrast, I trimmed more small narrow pieces from the pattern paper using the black and white side of the papers, to adhere along the edges and between Saturday and Sunday.

There's something so fun and relaxing about decorating a planner that is so different from doing cards or layouts.  I think because, for the most part, there are no rules, and there's no blank page really.  You already have a base to work with...and it really is functional.  How much you decorate it is is up to you.  No rules!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!