Monday, April 04, 2016

Enjoy Layout | RG | Process Video

Back to school this week for us.  Sad to see the Spring Break end, but Summer break will be here soon!

Sharing a layout documenting some of fun things we like to do in the Spring.



I used Richard Garay's Celebra'tions pattern paper, rosette blooms die set, and the Many Words stamp set.  Then from the newer Celebra'tions collection I used the banner stamp and die from the Special Day stamp and die set.



I created a grid of different sizes of squares with the large steel rule die cut flower in the center.  And layered the smaller of the rosette blooms die set on top, with the title on top.



I used the Noteworthy cards die set using the smallest one for the two squares on either side of the bottom photo.  This is a really clean and simple layout, but I added some fun details by stamping in a Watermelon Fusion using the flower from the Make Amazing Happen Amazing You Stamp and die set.  Then using the banner stamp and die from Make Amazing Happen collection, I added a banner to each square, stamped in Lemon Drop.



Before everything was adhered, I sent this entire 12x12 sheet through my typewriter to add some journaling.  I stamped and die cut a flower from Make Amazing Happen Amazing Blooms stamp and die set in Lemon Drop to help create a triangle and move the eye down to the journaling.  I also dropped some black paint drops to bring focus there as well.



With the help of my daughter, you can see the process video of how this clean and simple layout came together.  I always loved her helping me do videos, but with school and so much homework, it didn't work out.  So I was so excited to have her with me again.  She had so much fun.  Thanks for watching and stopping by!



I've had people ask me before about how I print my photos and the sizes.  These photos were printed at 1.77 square, and when I trimmed them, I left about fourth of an inch border.  I use Lightroom to edit and created templates to print my photos at the different sizes.  I need to do an updated video on how I use Lightroom with my photos if that is something people would be interested in.

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Love the white space and simplicity of this layout, and you know I love those little black dots...You inspire me, I was thinking those flowers would be great as a rosette ribbon with the tails hanging down, you know like for a contest???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love white space. I find the older I get, the more simple I need. LOL but I am still eclectic. I agree! Those flowers would make great ribbons! Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderfully CAS layout! I love the big flower in the center!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!