Friday, April 01, 2016

Gossamer Blue April Reveal

Happy Friday!  Today is the first, and that means a new kit from Gossamer Blue!

I could not get enough of March's kits, but I have to say these April kits with the pops of color blew me away.  The Amy Tangerine, Shimelle, and Jen Hadfield are gorgeous.  Then the added exclusives this time just seem to be even better than ever.  The stamps were my favorite, then all the wood veneer pieces, and acrylic hearts.



I really wanted to use the circle stamp from the Life Pages kit.  I drew pencils lines horizontally across the white cardstock using a ruler.  I was going to stamp them all in a row, but then I started stamping them sporadically across the horizontal lines and liked it.



Then using the solid and the diagonal striped stamps for filling in the circles, I filled them in.  The outside of the circle was stamped with a darker shade than what I used to fill in the circles.  I wanted a lot of color on this layout.



So disappointed you can't see it in the photo because of the white cardstock, but I also used a scoreboard to score horizontally and vertically creating lots of grids.  I filled in some of the grids with pattern paper, then finished it off with fussy cutting, and embellishments from the kit.  I went through my photos deciding on what to scrapbook based off of the kits, and then realized later that I had scrapped this photo before.  But it was perfect for this.

The next layout started with wanting to do a grid and mixing pattern papers.  But then I saw this Amy Tangerine pattern paper, and fell in love with it.  I love it cut up (broken) up with the white space in between.  I stitched over all the squares.  I trimmed the white cardstock down, and then adhered to a contrasting piece of pattern paper (the woodgrain).  Since the Amy Tan pattern paper was so vibrant, I kept going with pops of color and contrast.



The main embellishment I had in mind for this layout were the two exclusives...the "Smile" and the umbrella.  Embellishments from Jen Hadfield from the kits that I had to use were the ampersands.  I think I may need to use an entire sheet for a layout.  They are amazing!  My fave!



Before I adhered everything, I ran this through the typewriter for journaling.  I added the polka dot striped stamp across the bottom of the photo to ground it a little and bring some attention to the journaling along with the Shimelle clip.



Next, I had to do a card.  Using the exclusives stamps again, I repeated the pineapple on plain cardstock.  Backed it with a woodgrain pattern paper, trimmed at an angle, adhered to the base of my card, and trimmed the excess.  I still love angles, and have not used them in awhile.



This card actually started by these dies and stickers.  The amount of die cuts in these kits is insane!  So I just sat and went through each one.  The flower is what caught my eye first, then I knew I needed the pineapple and the leaves to continue with the tropical feel.  The chipboard is from the Crate Paper chipboard sheet.



More to share later.  I did a week in the Heidi Swapp Memory Planner.  And I did another layout with a process video for the Gossamer Blue blog that will go up soon.

Hope you grab the kits you want.  These are packed and are gorgeous!  Have a great weekend!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful! I'm loving the embellishments in this month's kit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!