Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Gossamer Blue Layout | Video | How To Photograph

I have a fun layout to share using gelatos, pattern paper, and stitching that was on the Gossamer Blue blog this month.



This is a retake on the Gossamer Blue layout I did last month.  You can see that layout and how to here.  As I went to grab that blog link, I saw one of the members say this would be a great process video.  So I did!  I also used the same March kits.  I had so much left, and came up with a different look using the same technique.







Here's the process video.  If any problems viewing on the blog, here is the link to it.



I also shared on the Gossamer Blue blog a couple of tips in photographing your work.  For layouts that may have a curl, especially mixed media layouts, I use a foam board with strips of adhesive.  It doesn't look pretty but works!  I got this idea from Jen Jocisch.  Best tip ever!  I am not worried about anything on top of the background curling.  I love that!  This just helps the background stay flat.



I used to take photos in our dining room, but it is overtaken by my daughter's toys.  So I just moved into the closed in garage, so excuse the lived in look ;)  I use natural light, and get as close to a window as possible without using direct sunlight.  You can see the setup I used for staging the layout, and the foam with adhesive where I took just a photo of the layout.  Then to edit my photo, I use Lightroom.



Hope these tips help get you started if you are wanting to take great photos of your work.  And hope you try out the techniques in the video.  It was a happy accident on a layout a couple of years ago, and I think it gives a great look.  Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your creative process! Absolutely love your techniques and both layouts are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layout. Also I love seeing behind the seens footage of how things are done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! What a fun photo to scrap. I love all the techniques, a great process video!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!