Monday, April 18, 2016

March Heidi Swapp Memory Planner

Hello!  I finally got caught up on March in my Heidi Swapp Memory Planner.  So I have the whole month in one post!

Here goes!  End of February, beginning of March.  Lots of yellow!  A little ephemera from Cultural day learning about England.



I used leftovers from the March Gossamer Blue kits.  The stamps were a nice touch, and loved the pops of yellow.



Was a very tedious, busy weekend with finishing up Emma's first narrative report with props :) We took breaks to McDonald's and she got her first library card!



I love the beach photos for this next week from meeting my SIL for her birthday.



Using more Gossamer Blue kit leftovers.  I painted that "Be Daring."  Went perfectly with Emma and her accident she had at school. ;(



Had a lot of photos I wanted to include, so did a collage in Lightroom, then used the WRMK Fuse tool to make my protector fit.



Always fun adding little details.  The Gossamer Blue kits are so full of die cuts, and I love the unexpected placement of them stapled to the protector.



For the back, I just covered it with pattern paper, and decorated with more die cuts.  Did this before I fused everything inside the protector.





This week uses the April Gossamer Blue kits.



Adding more fun details, like the layered stamping here.  I did a partial stamping of the polka dot pattern stamp, then stamped the lovely on top of it.  For the movie tickets, I layered them, and stapled them next to the photo.



The Gossamer Blue exclusives were my favorites from these kits, so wanted to use the wood 'this' veneer.  I used some washi tape and stickers to hold it.  Emma had her first piano festival where she had to play two memorized pieces in front of a judge.  She got a superior!  She worked hard...we both did ;)



And this is what I finished up this weekend.  I knew the Waffle Flower stamps and dies would be perfect for these two weeks and have to say, probably my favorites.  Had so much fun.



I used a combination of Waffle Flower's planner stamps (the numbers and the tabs), and then some stamps and dies that were Spring related.  Had to do the strawberry from the Claire set.   The eggs are from the Egg Hunt stamp set.  I used copics and chameleon markers to color the stamped images in.  I'm new to coloring and haven't found my niche with it, but I do love a more simple way rather than shaded.



I did a lot of little details on this week since it was leading up to Easter and I had a lot of photos.  Here, I wanted to include this photo, but didn't have enough room for the photo and the journaling.    So I added the journaling under the photo, adhered the photo with washi tape, and used one of the tabs from the planner Stay Focused Die to the bottom of the photo to lift.



I use more planner stamps here.  I liked the placement of the photo here rather than over to the left where I have the date.  So I ended up covering part of the stamp from the Storyboard stamp set, but it worked out great, because I had the spot to journal.  Then I used the Stay Focused stamp set for the 'school' and the 'morning.'



I got just about every single photo from Easter day and some from Thursday and Good Friday in this collage I did with Lightroom.  I trimmed it down, then fused it in a protector to fit in the binder.  Added a little shaker at the bottom using the 'Easter' from the March Gossamer Blue kits with some sequins.



For the back of the page protector, I did a scene using the Welcome Spring stamp set and die, Egg Hunt stamp set, and the Egg die.  I love how it came out with the wood veneer 'Easter' on the front, and then you turn it, and I stamped 'blessings.'



And I was really happy how the scene came out.





I used the Stay Focused die to make this little accordion insert to hold more photos from Emma's field trip.



I trimmed about an inch wide of cardstock to glue in between the top and the bottom (that is pattern paper like the top) to make it into an accordion.   Decorated it with more stamping and die cutting.



Here's a look at the back.  I just picked papers that were neutral.



To keep it closed, I just used the clip I had made from the previous week.



And the second page of that week.  I placed all the photos, stamped and die cut images first and then filled in my journaling.



And the last week of March.  I did bigger photos on this one, and let them overlap a little more. If a photo wasn't on that day, it was okay...it was Spring Break, so it all just flowed together. ;)



I used the planner numbers again, but also brought in some stamps and dies from the Willy and Friends and A Bunch set.  I did all the stamping and die cutting ahead of time for this week, printed all the photos at once, and then just placed everything.



I think the stamps worked so well with this spread.  Playful, whimsical, and fresh...  Our Spring Break wasn't as active as it usual is.  School has really warn us all out.  And when Emma gets a break, we all break.  But we also had lots of rain this week.  It was a much needed week with no agenda, except for a little Spring cleaning.



It was fun filling up the page with all these cuties.



And as of today, I still have not beaten Emma at the Pop and Race game.  LOL



My album is getting nice a full.  Really have enjoyed using it.  I will eventually do another Project Life spread, but for now, this is great at documenting, and really getting a lot more details down...plus I like the freedom in creating.



Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great week!

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I love your pages! So colorful and all the pictures. It is a nice idea instead Project Life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, creative pages! Where did you purchase the large tassel that hangs along the binding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Dawn! Thank you! I got that long tassel at Michael's! It was in that dollar section near the registers. It was awhile ago, but with planners being so big, they may have more again. It was only $.75.

      Delete
  3. Every detail is so perfectly and beautifully recorded!
    Bravo Patricia!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!