Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Pretty Packages | RG

About five weeks left of school!  This year has flown by.  Lots to celebrate and more to celebrate with May almost here!

I have always loved pretty packages, and I thought it would be nice to not only decorate boxes, but to make them.  So I pulled out my old scoreboard, and found patterns to make boxes.  I used the Richard Garay Celebra'tions papers and the Noteworthy papers to make my three boxes.  Then I decorated each one.



I gave each box a different look for different occasions.  This one uses the balloon die, twine, and enamel triangle from Celebra'tions.    I trimmed a piece of neutral cardstock to wrap a band around the package.  Any kind of celebration would be perfect for this gift box, birthdays especially.



For this box, I used the Lumberjack Days flower dies and rivets.  I used foam adhesive to give them more dimension, and used two foam adhesives on the fourth one to pop it up even more.  Would be a beautiful package for Mother's Day.





I did some stamping and embossing on this next one with the Celebra'tions collection using white embossing powder.  With graduations coming up, I could see this being a perfect gift box with the added color of the enamel stars.





From largest to smallest, the boxes I made are 4.25x4.25, 3.25x3.25, and 2x2.





Gifts make anyone's day, but there is something about how you package and present those gifts.  My husband and daughter walked in as I was making the boxes, and they stopped to see what I was doing.  My daughter wanted to make her own, but also wanted me to make her some.  Her eyes lit up holding that box in her hand.  Magical :)  And my husband was like, 'yes, we can make our own boxes!"

If you have a scoreboard, see if that company has tutorials on how to make boxes.  If you don't have a scoreboard or a tool of any kind to make your own boxes, decorate already made boxes!  You can still use your pretty papers to cover them.  Then pull out your supplies to dress them up!   Have them on hand when you need it!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. What fun packaging! Love how you dressed them up with die cuts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!