Friday, May 20, 2016

Gossamer Blue May Kit Reveal | Mini Album

I forget how crazy May can be with end of the school year, recitals...but it definitely gave us extra punches that knocked us all out of whack...that is why I like to create...my own little getaway ;)

So getting around to posting the rest of the Gossamer Blue May kit work.  This was on the Gossamer Blue blog here.  So for how-to's and more details about how the envelope album came together, head there.



The bits and pieces May kit came with an entire box of cards and envelopes from My Mind's Eye.  I had seen some friends at a crop make mini's out of envelopes.  So that is what I did here.  The pages and the album cover are all from that box!

For the cover, I ended up getting a little messy, did some stamping with black paint, and kept adding layers.  (in case you don't stop by the Gossamer Blue blog for the details, please wash your stamps right away after using paint with them...your blocks as well...it will dry and stay there)



To keep consistent throughout the album, you will see some smears of gesso and more black paint stamping.



The black paint dries quickly, and I love the look of it on the photo, so much so that that was repeated on some of the pages as well.





I mixed in some of the cards or just the covers of the cards adhered to the envelope pages.  I wanted to add a little bit more color and texture.



Believe it or not this "hi" bubble was stamped in black in on white cardstock.  I kept trying to get a good impression, and this accidentally came out looking like a reverse of the stamp.  Loved it, so cut it out and used it on top of my photo.





For the larger 4x6 photos that I cut to fit across a spread, the design is basically the same on each page.  A little bit of framing with stamping, stickers, and die cuts.



I added just a very little watercolor wash of distress ink on top of the stamped cactus.





I wanted my journaling to be typed, so I used my typewriter to cut strips where I needed a little journaling.







The designs on the blank pages with no photos, I kept simple as well.





I knew on this page, I would like stickers and embellishments to go across my page, so when applying the gesso, I spread it out horizontally with an old credit card.




I think my favorite page and photo.  Love the cloud, the life, camera, and especially that photo.



More little details that to me make a difference...a little stamped sentiment in the cloud.





The envelopes were thin, so I wanted a little more stability on the back.  I trimmed one of the cards backs, and adhered to the back of the album.



A new favorite mini...love that it stays closed, (just have it open so you can see the construction) filled with favorite photos and little details.  Just right.



Off to ballet recital activities on this last day of school!  Hope everyone has a great weekend.  Will be back to share the rest of my Gossamer Blue May kit work and then share some sneaks of the June kits here.

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. EEK! Absolutely love this! Love the black paint, gesso, elegant design and especially the cover. Fabulous mini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you jbonomo! You are always too kind to me. Such I could return the comment. I haven't been able to find your blog.

      Delete
  2. Great album Patricia!!! I really love all pages.
    Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful mini! I love the simplicity of it, even in the great mixed media cover, there's a wonderful cleanness of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!