Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Waffle Flower Challenge Team | May Challenge | Video

Hope everyone had a Happy (inter)National Scrapbooking Day, and if celebrated, a Happy Mother's Day.

I am so excited to share that I'm joining the Waffle Flower Challenge team!!  I have loved Nina's style from when we were on a team together, and am so proud of the company she has built.  Her style still continues to grow through her company with the whimsical but also clean and simple style of stamps and dies.  She has such a unique style.  She is insanely talented, creative, and has an amazing company.  I am so honored to be a part of it.

Each month Waffle Flower has a photo inspiration challenge, and each week different teams share their interpretations.  But the best part is you can link up your interpretation.  Two lucky winners win a stamp set, and one lucky winner wins being a guest for an upcoming challenge.  You can see the details here how to enter.  Most of alls fun!

For this first challenge, I did a card.



This is the photo inspiration.


The colors, the flowers, the umbrellas, and the bright feeling from the photo inspiration, inspired me to made a shaker card using the planner stamps for the weather as the little shaker windows, welcoming the pretty Spring flowers after all of the cloudy and rainy days.  A great way to cheer someone up.  I used the soft blue and pretty aqua/green colors from the photo for my card base.  Then made the white base for the shakers smaller to leave a big border, similar to the feeling I get from the photo inspiration with lots of color and white to balance it.  And, of course, I had to include a little umbrella, all closed up and saying goodbye to the rain and hello to the flowers.  I colored the little fussy cut flowers from the Fay Stamp Set with Copics and Chameleon markers in colors from the photo inspiration.





I have a video showing his this card came together.  Stop by the Waffle Flower blog to see it.  Thanks for stopping by!!

Supplies:


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Cute card!! LOVE the umbrella!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Love that you'll be stamping more, Nina is the best and I'm looking forward to seeing your projects each month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!