Monday, September 11, 2017

Gel Press - Happy Birthday Card




Stopping in to share another card today.  Last week, I shared a card using PanPastels for coloring, for this card today, I used paints and the Gel Press!   Both the card last week and this one use leftovers on my desk.  Even though it might be a little messy with the paints, this was a super quick and also clean and simple card.



Here's a breakdown of the layers I created.  On the Gel Press, I put Beach Ball paint and Lemon Drop paint under the Beach Ball paint.  I kept them separate enough to roll them in the center to create green, but still seeing blue and yellow on the top and bottom.  I pressed Whip Cream cardstock into this.  Without rinsing brayer or Gel Press, I rolled leftover paint onto press, and pressed another piece of Whip Cream Cardstock.  I did this as much as I could.  I even pressed a sheet showing more white space, and is what I used to stamp my sentiment.

Next layer is with a clean brayer and Gel Press, I placed Abstract Wall stencil on press, and rolled Whip Cream acrylic paint with a squirt from Sour Lemon Splash.  You can see just a hint of the Sour Lemon at the top over the blue.  Lifted stencil, and then pressed this sheet into it.

Using the exact same size star die cut as I used on my card, I placed that on clean Gel Press and rolled Cool Pool on top.  Lifted the star, and pressed the sheet into press.

Last layer is just, Black Licorice True Color Fusion Ink Pad with Graduated Dots background stamp, stamped onto my panel.  I pressed my CS into the inked stamp rather than actually stamping onto my panel.

All of this creates depth and makes it 'appear' to be complicated, but really is not.



I also used a piece of the pressed CS with the blue and used that for my stamped arrow I layered under my sentiment.  Last finishing touch are the new Star Struck accessories.  Instead of peeling the back, I took Richard's tip and popped it out with foam adhesive, which gave me that banner look.  Three small foam pieces on the first, last, and the center star so I could get it exactly where I wanted it.

This is a card for my Hubby's birthday!  So hope he loves it!  The Gel Press is one my top favorite new things that Fun Stampers Journey has come out with, in addition to more acrylic paints!  The Media Mix sale is good for the month of September and if you are like me and need that creative, messy fix, now is a good time to purchase!  Happy Creating and thanks for stopping by!

Here's a list of the supplies I used:

You Sketch Stamp Set SS-0274
Graduated Dots SS-0117
You Sketch Die Set DI-0170
Journey Gel Press JM-0107
Beach Ball Acrylic Paint JM-0102
Lemon Drop Acrylic Paint JM-0103
Whip Cream Acrylic Paint JM-0106
Cool Pool Acrylic Paint JM-0020
Black Licorice True Color Fusion Ink Pad IP-0041
Sour Lemon Splash IP-0124
Abstract Wall Stencil JM-0083
Star Struck AC-0305

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Love that background! Aren't those gel plates addictive?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!