Saturday, October 07, 2017

World Cardmaking Day | Be Brave Challenge




Happy World Cardmaking Day!  Fun Stampers Journey is celebrating by having three challenges throughout the day!  So stop by their Facebook page for fun ways to join in.  And another reason to get creative, is Fun Stampers Journey is having a Be Brave Card Drive during the month of October.  Send your cards into FSJ and they will be sending them to the Breast Cancer non-profit organization to give to patients.  Such a simple way to really help bring encouragement.

I am sharing two cards with the challenge to use ribbon in a unique way.  The unique way I used ribbon on my cards was to adhere the ribbon to another piece of cardstock stock with white liner tape, die cut a shape from my card panel, and layer that on top of my ribbon.

So here's my first card using the Pineapple Smoothie Crimp Ribbon under the Star Burst Bloom die.  I have my flower die cut from the panel, but also the die itself, so I did an inlay, by just adhering the die cut flower back in place, I also included the outside parts to fill in.  This is such a quick, simple, but beautiful technique, that really shows off the texture of the ribbon.





The first card is for the FSJ Card Drive, but this second card is for my husband for our 27th wedding anniversary.  This was a perfect technique for a non-feminine card, so I had to give it a try.  I used similar colors as the first card, but brought in more Fall colors.  For this card, I used the Wedding Sprig Die.  This only die cuts a solid sprig unlike the Star Burst Bloom in the first card, so I did not need to do an inlay.  I can see the pretty satin ribbon under it, which I love.





Both of these cards are great ways to use your ribbon stash, but also a quick clean and simple way to make some really pretty cards to help with the Card Drive.  They both also have the same basic design making them easy to duplicate.

Stop by Michelle Woerner's blog as she is also participating in this challenge as well!

Thank you so much for stopping by!  Happy Creating!

Supplies Used:

Thinking of You Card:
Embroidered Greetings Stamp Set SS-0507
Star Burst Bloom Die Set DI-0325
Clear Pigment Ink IP-0102
Journey Gold - Embossing Powder IP-0101
Whip Cream Cardstock CS-0040
Kiwi Slice Cardstock CS-0016
Lemon Grass Cardstock CS-0019
Sweet Pear Cardstock CS-0095
Journey Brushed Gold Cardstock CS-0134
Pineapple Smoothie Crimp Ribbon AC-0109

My Husband Card:
In the Family Stamp Set SS-0462
Wedding Sprig Die DI-0165
Clear Pigment Ink IP-0102
Journey Gold - Embossing Powder IP-0101
Whip Cream Cardstock CS-0040
Lemon Grass Cardstock CS-0019
Sweet Pear Cardstock CS-0095
Olive Green Satin Ribbon AC-0107
Lemon Grass Satin Ribbon AC-0140
Cocoa Powder Satin Ribbon AC-0142
Oatmeal Cookie Satin Ribbon AC-0138
Citrus Cooler Satin Ribbon AC-0144

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love your cards, with the ribbon under the die cut image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the ribbon beneath the die cuts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!