I couldn't resist this aqua-colored wreath I found at Hobby Lobby before Easter. I bought two sizes! Because I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but at 40%, it was coming home.
So this week, I wanted something very happy and cheery to hang up...but also just wanted some creative therapy...so had no idea where this was going.
I just want to also share a spring wreath I did last year, which you can see why I loved the color of the wooden wreath. Here is the post showing how I made this wreath. You can also see it featured in the gorgeous PaperHaus Magazine Spring issue here with step by steps as well.
I use wire a lot when I create other crafty things outside of scrapbooking. I decided to use some of the Yes, Please ribbon with the double-sided sticky tape to add wire and then add another piece of the same ribbon on top. I did this a few times with ribbon of the same color and weaved them through the wreath. If you don't like wire, you could skip this. I like how I can manipulate where it lies and make it flow and float more on the wreath. And I really didn't know where this was going...I thought I might make a bow and some tails from it...it was good to just create and have no idea.
I decided it needed flowers, of course, since it is Spring and happy...I used a piece of Soho Garden pattern paper. I liked the chevron and I liked the added green against the aqua and peach colors.
Took the pennant banners from the 5th and Frolic collection and wrapped around the wreath. I just added a spot of glue to hold in places. (I used Zip Dry) I didn't have enough American Crafts brads and wanted to stick with a certain color scheme, so I used my stash...mostly My Mind's Eye, October, and I think the sparkly ones are American Crafts...
I was kind of not going to go with the big bow, still not sure, so I pulled out the Lucky Charm chipboard, and I knew it was perfect. Added some Baby Powder to the back to get rid of the stickiness, put some PP behind just the "happy" and only clipped it on with the clothespin. The mason jar chipboard, I glued from behind and added a vellum sticker. I liked the added color and dimension it gave to the focal point.
I dotted the flowers around, like they were growing from the vine, added more embellishments from the My Girl...the butterflies are adhered with pop dots; the flowers adhered with Zip Dry. Glued the "Smile" on and called it done. I tried not to over think this, just played...but knowing me...I hung it to look at to decide if I should add anything else ;)
I left it as is...serves it's purpose of making me happy when I see it, and coordinates with my Spring wreath from last year.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend and are getting some nice Spring weather!