Friday, August 04, 2017

Ink Promotion and Journey Holidays Trends Mini Catalog



Look at all of that luscious color...so many creative possibilities with just color!  If you are like me, and building up your various ink colors is on your wishlist, now is a great time to pick some favorite colors or color families for layering.  Fun Stampers Journey has their True Color Fusion Ink Pads on sale for 20% off for August.  These are oil-based, very crisp and blend-able inks.

I created two cards to share today, both cards I created a background and a focal point using the True Color Fusion Ink Pads.



With it being so hot right now, hard to want to think warm wishes, but Fall is right around the corner and the new Journey Holidays Trends Mini Catalog is out!!  What better way to give these new Hello Fall leaves stamp set color?  YES, please!  True Color Fusion Ink.



I started with a River Stone Cardstock card panel.  I love grey for the Fall.  This gives my Flannel Life Background Stamp with Candy Apple Ink even more of that cozy look.  I die cut and pierced with Journey Rectangles.

For my leaves I inked them up with two sets of color starting with the lighter color on the Hello Fall leaf stamp first, then lightly tapping the darker color around edges.  This will help not to contaminate your lighter color with the darker color.  The combinations I used are:  Pumpkin Bread and Citrus Cooler; Lemon Drop and Pomegranate Splash; Limeade Splash and Pumpkin Bread.  The color really brings the leaves to life.  Another fun trick to make them come to life is using your crease tool to curl them, and only adhere them at their base so they pop up.



For my next card, I got more inky with the True Fusion Inks by using them with the Linear Leaves stencil and small dauber.  The stencil is large, so you can really move it around to where you want it. I decided to offset it each time I added another color and then turned it  completely around to finish adding the colors.  I applied the ink from lighter to darker.  I really love the look it gave moving the stencil around.

For this background I die cut and pierced with Reversed Banner and Reversed Banner Piercing Elements to give me that nice Fall pocket look.  Using foam adhesive for the pocket, I was able to tuck and cluster the leaves inside and outside of the pocket.



To give this card a different look from the first, I also used the dauber to ink my card panel edges, focusing more color on the corners.  My sentiment also got some ink on the edges to continue that look.



And again, using the crease tool to make those leaves really pop!  On both cards my sentiment is stamped in Pumpkin Bread and I used Limeade Splash cardstock as another card panel.  Both cards are finished with Pumpkin Patch Bows and Fashion Gold.



Be sure to subscribe to the Fun Stampers Journey Blog for more inspiration from the new Journey Holidays Trends Mini Catalog.  The Thanksgiving, Halloween, and Christmas are gorgeous!!  And some really fun DIY things for the holidays.  The holidays really get me in the mood to create fun things!!  Enjoy!  And pick up your Fusion Inks while 20% off!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!